Tuesday 20 April 2010

"How the Author has Engaged Me"





Kate DiCamillo engaged me by very strong feelings, idioms and similes. I really liked her powerful words and golden sentences. The sentences really expressed the characters feelings. If we are going to read the The Tiger Rising tomorrow I can't wait. My favorite sentence was how she described the bullies and she didn't even use the word bullies. As soon I read the first page I just wanted to read on because of the hook that was a mystery. Next in chapter three I think rob is going to become friends with the new girl and they are going to see the tiger and feed the tiger. Also the two bullies make fun of them for being friends so they follow rod and the girl to the tiger... And the next day the tiger is gone.

2 comments:

  1. I like the book tiger rising too and I like your response. Please check out my blog to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sentence when it discribes the bullies. check out my blog

    ReplyDelete